Monday, November 17, 2008

Spit on an SUV Day!

It really makes me want to vomit. I mean, I am so angered and so damn sick of the injustice of the past 8 years--well, really pretty much the past 2 decades since Reagan sent our nation adrift into the realm of governance for the sake of Big Business.

Personally, I feel that people who drive those massive, gas-chugging, noisy and grostequely oblong pick-ups trucks--the kinds that gargle and choke just to go from a stand-still in the mall parking lot to move up 8 feet to the wall of glass doors so that a monstrous, waddling woman with 2 baby whales in her tow can climb in--are selfish, people-haters! They are earth-haters! They are anti-Christian (and all of you fat, God-fearing racists who drive one should go to hell!), send-my-daughter-to-the-bizarre-girls-under-9-beauty-pageant anti-Americans!

Ok. I am now calm and can proceed forward with caution.

Reading over the weekend about how more corporate welfare is likely to be handed out to the automakers, I came undone at the screaming injustice of "it all." "It all" in this case, is not a general "it all" but a precise and neatly defined "it all." (Read: I have mismanaged my company, abused consumer's, lied to the public about the safety of my product, lobbied for having taxes lowered on those who by my death-trap vehicles, earned hundreds of millions in profits which I did not invest in making my product safer, better for the environment or more fuel-efficient and when as a result of my own myopic and selfish business decisions I find myself losing money, I beg the goverment for a bailout.)

Automakers of today, are like the Krupps, Bosch and others who competed for contracts on making the crematoriums and ovens for the concentration camps during WWII: they are driven by greed with little moral link to their communities. They make short-term decisions in order to maximize this year's profits and all in the "race" for a better bottom-line; they can justify laying off workers; lowering promised retirement packages; shutting down any R&D programs that might make a better and more "earth-friendly" product just so their already stiflingly wealthy world becomes even more so.

They sock their money away in personal accounts around the globe, buy massive homes and apartments and live like true feudal lords of yesteryear. And then, when they find their ways of life threatened by their own incompetence and greed (and I will bet my balls that most of these top managers are "God-fearing, dumb-white Bush-voters" who go to church every Sunday), they stretch out those flabby white arms with their inherent carpal tunnel syndrome and say with no sense of shame: "give us some dough or else we will screw this US economy by going under." Oh, and I forgot the "Amen" at the end the sentence.

Are not such veiled threats treacherous? Should not these incompetent managers and politicians who voted to make the growth of SUV's possible be held accountable? Why is it that once again, the frat-boys of Wall Street and Detroit are being rewarded for their incompetence and greed and there still is not enough money for poor Americans to have--AT LEAST--health care?

There is a great Repiglican argument that says: "I don't want to pay taxes to support unemployed and lazy (read: black) people." Well, if we were to add up all of the tax-payer money that has been paid out on the S&L crash of the late 1980's; the bail-out of Chrysler under Reagan, the bail of Wall Street last month and now what will be the bail of the auto industry, it would all be about 500 times more than has been spent by the US Goverment on the "lazy blacks" since the end of Reconstruction.

When I go to America, I walk (despite the lack of sidewalks). Unless I get $100,000, I will stop walking. And, the local economy of Freehold, New Jersey will be about $3000 poorer as a result. Where is my bail-out?! Give me money now!!!

No comments: